Tumby Bay Murals 2018
Colour Tumby Street Art Festival 2018 | GALLERY
Tumby Bay residents and visitors got the chance to see renowned artists bring their creations to life on walls across the town during the first Colour Tumby Street Art Festival at the weekend.
Seven visiting artists and one local artist created murals on eight walls across Tumby Bay while people got to see them come together in real time.
This included Adnate whose mural greeted people as they entered the Hub on Mortlock Street, which served as the centre venue for the festival.
While wet conditions greeted people attending the official opening on Friday, but clear and sunny conditions allowed people to walk the streets and view the street art without concerns.
A kids art area was open Friday and Sunday which gave children artistic activities to take part in and Tumby Bay Youth Advisory Committee put on Chalk the Walk for children to create their own art along the foreshore walking trail.
Article by Port Lincoln Times
find our hidden treasures…
Street art locations
- Old Library eastern wall, Mortlock Street (Adnate)
- Old Library western wall, Mortlock Street (James Pedler)
- Sea Breeze Hotel, Mortlock Street (Lisa King)
- Recreation Centre, Tumby Bay Town Oval, West Terrace (George Rose)
- Blue Basin, 22 Spencer Street (Smug)
- Low walls (beach side) adjacent to Ritz Cafe, Tumby Terrace (Kitt Bennett – paint by numbers)
- Bendigo Bank, 7 North Terrace (Andrew J Bourke)
- Neindorf’s Friendly Grocers, 2 Lipson Road (Dvate)